- 2003 Fil. Dr. in Theoretical Physics, University of Helsinki.
- 2000 Cand. Scient. (Master) in Physics, the Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen.
- 1997 B.Sc. in physics and mathematics, University of Copenhagen.
- 2016 - Present Professor, CP3-Origins, SDU.
- 2012 - 2016 Associate Professor, CP3-Origins, SDU.
- 2011 - 2012 Maitre assistant, Theoretical physics division, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- 2009 - 2011 CERN fellow, the theory unit at CERN, Switzerland.
- 2006 - 2009 Research assistant professor, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- 2004 - 2006 Post-doctoral researcher, University of California, Davis, USA.
- 2003 - 2004 Post-doctoral researcher, the Helsinki Institute of Physics, Finland.
- 2000 - 2003 Research assistant, University of Helsinki, Finland.
Associated Scientist, CERN
- 2016 Research project, Villum Fonden, DKK 3 mill. (€ 400.000.).
- 2011 Jr. Group Leader Fellowship grant from the Lundbeck Foundation, DKK 10 mill. (€ 1.3 mill.).
- 2010 Awarded an honorable mention in the 2010 Gravity Research Foundation essay competition.
- 2009 Awarded CERN theory fellowship.
- 2000 Inter-Nordic Mobility scholarship from NorFA.
- 1998 Selected as official summer student at CERN
- Head of Ph.D. program in physics
- Member of the NORDITA gravity and cosmology post-doc selection committee
- Editor of JCAP (Journal of Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics)
- EU COST action network, managing committee member
Cosmology, astroparticle physics, physics beyond the standard model, quantum field theory, string theory.