October 12-16, 2020
at CP3-Origins , University of Southern Denmark, Odense
funded by the Villum foundation.
Astrid Eichhorn (CP3-Origins),
Alessia Platania (Heidelberg University),
Frank Saueressig (Radboud University Nijmegen)
Quantum spacetime and the Renormalization Group
This is the fifth in a series of workshops on Quantum Spacetime and the Renormalization Group, bringing together researchers exploring a broad range of research avenues in Quantum Gravity, including, but not limited to, Asymptotically Safe Gravity, Causal and Euclidean Dynamical Triangulations, Causal Sets, Group Field Theories, Spin Foam models and Tensor Models. Previous installments took place at the Perimeter Institute in 2014, at Nordita in 2015, at the Lorentz Center in Leiden in 2017 and in Bad Honnef in 2018.
The main goals of the workshop are
- contributing to sharpening the major conceptual and technical open questions of the field and identifying routes to answer these.
- triggering new collaborations, in particular between researchers from neighboring communities, enabling a fruitful exchange of ideas and transfer of knowledge.
- providing in particular young researchers with a comprehensive overview of the most pressing questions in the field and motivating them to tackle these from new angles.
- producing novel ideas how to bridge the gap between a fundamental theory of quantum gravity and observations and triggering new developments towards observational tests of quantum gravity.
Invited speakers & panellists
- Niayesh Afshordi (Perimeter Institute, Canada)
- Jan Ambjorn (NBI, Denmark) (TBC)
- Dario Benedetti (Inst. Polytechnique de Paris, France) (TBC)
- Alfio Bonanno (University of Catania, Italy)
- Sylvain Carrozza (Perimeter Institute, Canada)
- Simon Catterall (University of Syracuse, USA)
- Giuseppe Clemente (University of Pisa, Italy)
- Bianca Dittrich (Perimeter Institute, Canada)
- John Donoghue (University of Massachussetts, USA)
- Holger Gies (University of Jena, Germany)
- Andrzej Görlich (Jagiellonian University, Poland)
- Aaron Held (Imperial College, UK)
- Benjamin Knorr (Perimeter Institute, Canada)
- Stefano Liberati (SISSA, Italy) (TBC)
- Daniel Litim (University of Sussex, UK)
- Max Niedermaier (University of Pittsburgh, USA)
- Nobuyoshi Ohta (Kinki University, Japan)
- Daniele Oriti (LMU, Germany)
- Jan Pawlowski (Heidelberg University, Germany)
- Roberto Percacci (SISSA, Italy)
- Manuel Reichert (CP3-Origins, Denmark)
- Katarzyna Rejzner (University of York, UK)
- Francesco Sannino (CP3-Origins, Denmark) (TBC)
- Sebastian Steinhaus (University of Jena, Germany)
- Kelly Stelle (Imperial College, London) (TBC)
- Sumati Surya (Raman Research Institute, India)
- Antonio Pereira (Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil)
To apply for participation in the meeting, please follow this link.
email: eichhorn AT cp3.sdu.dk